Sunday, May 31, 2015

A nation's dillemma

It was a fresh morning until I tried to put a glance over today's news paper. A big logo of news paper, some breaking news, some short passages, two- three big advertisements and there it was a sensational news.

Well, they create sensational news on a daily basis, if they won't then I am sure the sale of their stories and the sweet potatoes will be decreased. 

The news was about a small city where two peaceful groups were silently throwing bricks and blades over each other. Roaring slogans of love and preaching the knowledge to cut the throats in one touch. 

Colors of cloths were different, the torch bearers were different but the anger, rage, violence in the eyes, the blood, the sword and hatred were same. Both side were rummaging the houses of each other and wanted to end the era of the families. 

I did not read too much. I had to do meditation and yoga. I was surprised with the thoughts that, will I be able to mediate after reading such news. I was right, I was not able to meditate but I was able to eat, I was able to laugh and discuss trivial matters. 

I was getting late for office so I put my laptop bag on my shoulder and left the apartment. Like always I was not able to reach the workplace on time and I had to open my ears for extra 15 minutes to listen the lecture of ethics and working culture from a dedicated manager. I hate this moment but habitual of that.

At the afternoon, I was having lunch with my colleagues in our small cafeteria.  Out of the blue, the topic of sensational news was on the plates and one of them were started digging in it. He turned towards me with a spoon filled with dal, chaval and taunted," See, I told you, this country is going into hell, people are fighting with each other and you were forcing us to repeat the songs of "acche din". I smiled but did not get a chance to answer his sarcastic tone.

An another colleague jumped into the battle with a proud smile," These thing should happen so that some people know their exact place". The one who was sitting behind us and listening to us carefully swiftly showed his aggression over the democratic leaders,"All the politicians are making us fool, they are dividing us"

Everyone nodded in acceptance. Suddenly, someone said only 5 minutes are left so we were started abusing our company and management for giving us only 30 minutes to discuss the most important matters and went back to work.

In the evening, when I came back to the apartment, I found that dominating flatmate is already waiting for the vegetables so that our maid can cook the dinner. Fortunately, I have bought some karelas and bhindis, I have purchased some oranges as well. I can say thanks to my sharp memory now.

Another mate was brewing tea in the kitchen, and poured into the blue cups, they look odd to me. While having tea, one of them told me about the incident of that city. I was not shocked at all, I was waiting to listen this again, after all it was a sensational news. I feel guilty for being politically and socially aware about these issues.

I was tired and shared my point of view in a whisper, and looked towards the bag in which vegetables were giggling together, those green ones and those orange ones too. I looked at the window, the orange sun was falling down and the green trees were becoming black. I imagined colors of the cloths of both peaceful communities and opened television for another sensational news...


No comments:

Post a Comment